The world has changed a lot since we started watching Disney movies. Disney movies have also changed a lot, but we are still waiting eagerly for each of them to be released. Designers and artists create Disney-related pieces of art every single day. Uk-based graphic artist Tom Ward is one of them, who did it in the most unusual way. He wants to express his feelings about the current state of the world by using Disney characters.
Designers and artists create Disney-related pieces of art every single day. Uk-based graphic artist Tom Ward is one of them. He wants to express his feelings about the current state of the world by using Disney characters.
In a new series of drawings Ward has dubbed “Alt Disney,” he connects the storylines of several classic Disney movies to modern social issues. In this way, he creates a dark but intriguing look at reality through the eyes of our fictional childhood heroes. The pictures raise so many health, social, and environment issues that can act as a means for awareness. The images provide powerful commentary on water pollution, animal abuse, obsession with technology, and a range of other subjects. The pictures are of Disney characters, seemingly living in the world of Disney full of magic and happy endings. However, the world we live in has serious problems that must be discussed.
See how Disney’s most beloved faces might have turned out if they were living in 2017.
1. Equal rights would have been celebrated.
2. The way Pinnochio would have taken a selfie.
3. How would Mogli treat his animal friends?
4. Even Cinderella and Prince Charming would have argued about their phones.
5. Peter Pan’s world would have been so different with the new technology.
6. Animals have feelings, too.
7. How would have Dumbo felt today in a circus?
8. Alice, thinking about her diet, probably.
9. Pollution in the seas
10. Aladin and Princess Jasmin at home.
11. King Arthur, thinking whether to post his thoughts on Facebook or not.
12. Wait a second, who is chasing who?